CIRCULAR GS/2012/07 14th February 2012
TO ALL OFFICERS
We reproduce hereunder our communications to the management for your information:
“STAFFING PATTERN IN BRANCHES & OFFICES OF THE BANK
We acknowledge receipt of your communication No.CO/HRD/R&P./2011-12./4533 dated 01.02.2012 inviting our views and suggestions on the subject matter. In this regard, we would like to state that:
- The staffing pattern in branches and offices has been discussed and settled with our Federation during the Joint Discussions held from time to time;
- the staffing pattern of branches in various scales and at different centres require a serious study;
- it is also related with the promotional opportunities coupled with transfer / placement of officers in various scales on promotion, rotation, requests etc. and hence required to be deliberated in discussions;
- accordingly only in the Joint Discussions earlier held with our Federation, the staffing pattern of various branches have been finalized; however, that may require a relook owing to implementation of CBS;
- we are now in the process of having a discussion amongst the Principal Office Bearers before putting forth our views to the management during the discussion;
- just sending a communication giving suggestions or views would not serve the purpose, unless detailed discussions are held putting forth various arguments for the suggestions on either side.
In view of the above, we request you to invite our Federation for a meaningful discussion. Since our Office Bearers would be meeting shortly for deliberating on the issues, we request the dates for the discussions may please be decided in the first/second week of March 2012, on a date mutually acceptable.”
“CLOSURE/MERGER OF ZONES
We reliably understand that the management is in the process of merging/closing some of the Zones. So far our organization has not received any official communication nor called for any discussion on the matter of merger/closure of any Zone in the bank.
When the management had taken a decision for merger of some of the Regions in Mumbai & Bhopal, we had demanded for a discussion on the matter with the management. Any merger/closure of Zones or Regions will result in curtailment of promotional opportunities and displacement of officer staff. Earlier the management had informed that the Regions were being merged only to have a better synergy and that theywere far and few. The present move to close/merge Zones is an indication that the management is in the process of closing the Zones with an intention to set up a three-level administration. It is unfair to take such an important decision without taking into confidence the majority officers’ organization in the matter.
It would have been prudent for the management to call the Federation for a discussion informing the cogent reasons for any such merger and also take into consideration the views and suggestions of our Federation in the matter. The present move is nothing but ignoring the bilateral forum available in the bank. Since re-organization of the bank administration is an important aspect which will affect the promotional opportunities and also the geographical area of transferability of officers, we demand that our Federation should be called for a discussion on the matter immediately.
The management has been declaring that the Unions and Associations are partners in the development of the bank, but in deed Unions and Associations are being sidelined while taking such important decisions. There appears to be a trust deficit. This is bound to create irritation and strain in the Industrial Relations in the bank.
We hope the management will understand the situation in its proper perspective and call the Federation for a discussion on the matter before implementation of any such decision.”
Further developments in this regard will be informed.
OFFICERS’ UNITY - ZINDABAD : A I B O C - ZINDABAD : A I C B O F - ZINDABAD
TREAT YOURSELF WITH LOVE AND RESPECT;
ACCEPT ONLY THE BEST FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE