CIRCULAR/GS/2013/24 DT 07/08/2013
POSTINGS IN SCALE-II TO III - PROMOTION PROCESS-VIOLATIONS
“We are shocked to note that the management has done unacceptable violation of the norms of placement of the promotees of Scale II to III officers, which are listed below for the early review:
1. Chain transfers have been adopted in Bhopal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune zones. Retainable have been thrown out of the zone.
2. From Chandigarh zone, 2 promotee officers have been sent to Agra zone and promotee officers from other zones have been placed in.
3. Promotee officers from other zones are placed in to Bhopal zone, whereas promotee officers of Bhopal have been sent to Ahmedabad zone. Like that in Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune , the path of chain transfers took place.
4. In Bhopal zone, the promotee officers with higher in age have been transferred out.
5. In Hyderabad zone the officers who have not completed 3 years in the zone after they came in on request, have been thrown out.
6. In Patna zone, 13 promotee officers, who recently came on request from other zones, have not been retained in the zone.
We request you to please review the posting orders issued to the promotee officers of Scale-II to S-III to remove injustice done to the number of officers and advise the department to suitably modify the orders to render justice to the policies and to the officers of the bank.”
VIOLATIONS IN THE PLACEMENT OF OFFICERS OF NE STATES
“We have vide our letter dated 19th July 2013, requested/reminded the department about the special incentive scheme of transferability of the officers working in North Eastern states even on promotional placements.
It is really surprising and unbelievable that the management has gone to the extent of modifying the special incentive scheme of transferability to the officers who have completed the requisite period of stay of 2 years in NE states. About 6 promotee officers to S-III have been retained in Guwahati zone instead of considering their request of their place of choice in other zones.
The scheme of Government of India has very clearly stated that the management is under obligation to provide the postings to the officers who have completed the requisite period of stay in NE states, at the place of their choice. Instead of motivating the officers to work in NE states, our management failed to recognize their sufferings.
In this connection, we wish to point out that last year our management considered the request of about 23 promotee officers from S-I to II of Guwahati zone and placed them on promotion to their place of choice at Patna, Muzaffarpur and Kolkata zones.
We receive innumerable calls from the officers working in NE states about the scheme which is being frequently changed by our Central office in the implementation of the special incentive system of transferability of the officers working in NE states.
We again request you to consider their request and maintain the sanctity of Government of India guidelines for the officers working in NE states, so as to motivate the officers working in other parts of the country to work in NE states.”
We shall inform you the developments in due course.